Friday, 5 September 2014

My Idiolect

My Idiolect

Do you have a favourite filler word that you use?

I use mostly sounds such as ‘uh’ and ‘um’ or a simple pause as I think.

Do you have special words for Good and Bad?

Good = ‘Alright’. Bad = ‘Bollocks’ & ‘Awful’ as well as other expletives.

Are there any words or phrases you avoid?

Words I hate hearing include words ‘YOLO’ and ‘Swag’, ‘YOLO’ has unfortunately worked its way into my vocabulary after using it too many times in an ironic way. Phrases I hate hearing include phrases like ‘Banter’d off’.

What is your favourite expletive and when would you take care not to swear?

I swear too often than is socially accepted, if I had to say my favourite word would 
have to be ‘shit’ as it can be used in multiple contexts and instances and still make sense. I would take care not to swear around young children.

Are there any words that you have trouble pronouncing?

Other than foreign words, I don’t really have any problems pronouncing words.

How do you answer the phone?

When answering the phone I just my normal voice.

Do you have any particular habits in conversation?

During conversation I usually just nod and make sounds like ‘mmm’, or if something is being explained to me I follow with ‘OK’.

How would you describe your voice?


My voice medium pitch with a feint west country accent.

No comments:

Post a Comment